Monday, April 8, 2013

Springtime Mantel

Finally...warm weather was upon us this past weekend. In celebration I changed out the mantel from Easter to Spring. Most of the items you will see are from the thrift store so the design was definitely done on a shoestring budget. Enjoy!




 **********************************************************

Fireplace Mantel - Right Side
VASE:
The vase was an old glass vase I had saved that came from flowers that were delivered for some occasion (can't remember which one). I spray painted it with one coat of Primer in preparation of adding color but liked the way it looked white and kept it that way. -sorry, no tutorial for that project

 
CANDLE HOLDER: For the tutorial click HERE



  
BIRDS on Stands:
I purchased the birds at a close-out sale at the craft store early last fall (marked down 60% and more). The candle holders where from various other sources. The tallest glass one was purchased from Wal-Mart at Christmas time and was part of my Christmas mantel. The middle size one was bought at the thrift store and painted and the smallest is a votive (one of about a hundred), that I made for my wedding (its turned upside down). 



**********************************************************


Fireplace Mantel - Left Side


Bird Cages:
I found both bird cages at the thrift store over the winter. I just knew I could use them in some way this Spring/Summer. The smaller one was black and the larger one was already white but a bit beat up. I spray painted both white to enhance their beauty.

Other Stuff:
The Bow was made with left over material from the Spring Wreath I made last year. The Candles in the large cage are from around the house. They are sitting on top of more of the wedding votives. The Moss Balls were left behind by a tenant from my rental property. The Victorian Candle Holder was purchased from a thrift store as is, (so beautiful no changes were necessary).



Happy Spring & Thanks for Visiting,


5 comments:

  1. I love your spring mantle! If you get a chance, please link this up to my sunday linky party: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/04/sunday-linky-party-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita and thanks for the invite. I definitely will link up. Thanks again

      Delete
  2. I love thrifty finds!! This is just so great! Love it! I also bought that same little bird 60% off a few weeks ago (I got the coral color though) I love him...got the larger one too! ;) What a great Springy mantel, thanks so much for sharing it at the Project Inspire{d} linky party. :)
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I agree, thrifty finds are the best, especially when they can be redone or repurposed. --Debbie

      Delete
  3. Love your Springtime Mantel. Would love for you to share at Simple & Sweet Fridays. New Follower!

    Take Care,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete