Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"Let's Vase It" Series - #1, DIY Rope Vase

Not sure why but I am a little obsessed with vases these days. 
I guess its all the beautiful blooms of spring. 
Here is my latest



 A few years ago my daughter got married and we made her centerpieces. 
This is one of the leftover glass vases.


This is my inspiration from Pottery Barn...


Wanna make one for yourself?
Here goes...









 



Once the silicone strings were applied on all four sides and allowed to dry completely the vase was then sprayed with Primer and Flat White Spray paint.





Thanks for visiting,


15 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Your version is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for visiting. I enjoyed this project and want to do it again with some modifications. Stay tuned.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely genius!!!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vase turned out great! Love the tutorial too!(pinned it to my tutorial board) Thanks for sharing at the Rock N Share. Hope to see you again next week! Blessings, D@TheShadyPorch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you D and thanks for pinning. Will see you next week!

      Delete
  4. This is so creative and beautiful! At first, I thought you roped the vase and then painted...had no idea that it was silicone! Genius!
    Selene @ Restoration Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Selene. So glad you visited and enjoyed. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow - love this look!! Pinning it. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy and thanks for Pinning. Love your site & linky party too.

      Delete
  6. What a great tutorial. I will be featuring this tonight at my Swing into Spring party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sooooo much Judy. Much appreciated!! I'll be there.

      Delete
  7. Wow! That is brilliant! Thank you for sharing the tutorial. Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete