Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pink & White Desk


Remember the Striped Chair

Well here is the completed matching desk. 
 


This project has taken a long time to complete. Partly because I have just not had enough time in each day and also because it was so important to get the desk top wood just right. I wanted to modernize the desk while keeping it's aged charm. Also, it's for Lucy so it had to be perfect.



This desk was definitely used...A LOT, and the wood was worn in all the right places.
 



I chose white for the base to enhance the richness of the wood even more. 


The pink accents gives it that playful-girly side, just like Lucy.


Ok, back to the desk...
Isn't she pretty?
(Lucy & the Desk)

Thanks for visiting,


14 comments:

  1. Debbie, they are both lovely! (Lucy AND the desk set). I love how you painted it and I'm a sucker for dark tops and painted furniture, of course.

    Very cute!

    Thanks for sharing with us, and it's always great to see creative minds at work. :)

    Visiting from Overflowing With Creativity@ It's Overflowing's linky party
    Smiles,
    Suz @MaytagNMom
    NW Illinois
    ~~My Current Project At The Party~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suz. I love staining AND painting wood and wanted to find a way to do both. I'm hooked getting the best of both words. Very cool that you attached your project. I checked it out...nice!! I'll have to get with you to find out how you included that link. :)

      Delete
  2. Adorable! {Lucy and the desk!} Love the pink and white! I popped over from It's Overflowing--thanks for sharing!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abby and thanks for visiting. I too am always drawn to anything PINK!!

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty! Lovely colors! Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute with the pink accents. Your stained top looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia. I love stained tops, glad you do too. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  5. This is adorable! You did such a great job ;)
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jamie. Very appreciative and love your positive feedback. Thanks for visiting too.

      Delete
  6. How charming! Love the look! Nicole from southerncharm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole and thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  7. Super cute desk!! Love the pink added to it. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete