Sunday, April 7, 2013

Changeable Wood Sticks Candle Holder

While redressing my fireplace mantel for spring I wanted to add a natural element. 


Now I can not take credit for this Wood Sticks Candle Holder, I just wanted to elaborate on the original design by making it a removable decor for a glass vase that I had on hand. This way if I want to use the same glass vase for something else I could just remove the covering. 

Here are the steps I followed. 
Enjoy!


1). Find twigs from your yard...
 

2). Measure the height of container you plan on using...

 5). Measure the circumference of the container...
 

4). Mark the twigs with that measurement from the height...

5). Cut twigs (I used wire cutters)...

6). Make sure to cut enough sticks to surround the container...

7). Cut a piece of burlap about 2" longer than the circumference. Place burlap strip on a piece of foil. To create a line to follow, fold the foil. Spray paint the burlap strip with glue and begin laying out the cut sticks leaving about 1" of burlap on each side.





8). Spray another light layer of glue over the sticks and lay a piece of pre-cut ribbon in the center of all of the sticks. For a bow, cut the ribbon about 12" longer than the circumference.

9). To keep my fingers from getting sticky I used one of the left over sticks to press down the ribbon to the sticks.

10).Make sure that the ribbon is glued on the sticks only.


11). After the everything is completely dried wrap it around the vase and tie at the end. 





I used my vase as a candle holder but you could use it for flowers, a plant, or anything you desire. 


 Thanks for visiting,

11 comments:

  1. Hello, I like your twig candle holder better! I love things from nature, looked for a place to follow you? Hope to see you stop by, I did a copy on a twig heart for valentines day! Take care,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn. I love the vase I used and didn't want to make any permanent changes so came up with this removable one. Glad you liked it. To follow click on the "join this site" top right or submit your email or both :). Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Oh I love these. What a great little project! And looks so easy to do.
    Thanks so much for sharing it at the Project Inspire{d} link party this week!! :)
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was easy and I got to use one of my favorite craft items...spray glue LOL. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. I love this candle holder, I think I may just make one for myself. Thanks for the link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita. You should make one, easy & fun. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. This is adorable! What a great idea ;)
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jamie and thanks for visiting. Check back soon b/c I have another similar project in the works. :)

      Delete
  5. Looks awesome!! Nice job. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated. Love your site and linky party too.

      Delete
  6. While redressing my fireplace mantel for spring I wanted to add a natural ... holdersfireplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete