Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Will you spruce up my bathroom Mom?

For the past few days I have been visiting my son on the West Coast. On my last visit I spruced up his bedroom and on this visit I was challenged to spruce up his bathroom. Keep in mind he lives in a rental, which must be taken into consideration when developing the design. My assignment, and I did choose to accept it, was as follows;
      • More masculine
      • Use black
      • No structural modifications to the room (no painting, etc)
      • Shoe string budget
After several trips to several thrift stores, Target, Walmart, Michael's, Home Depot, and lots of painting and gluing here it is...






I purchased the rug, towels, and curtains from Target. I like using window curtains for bathroom tubs because they are longer. I do this by using a tension rod and hanging it higher than the builder-grade shower curtain rod. I think it gives a richer feel.
 




Approximate cost of these items was $40. This was the splurge.

Since there were so many projects involved in this revamped bathroom I will post them separately. Check back soon for the following projects:



 Thanks for visiting,
 
 

28 comments:

  1. That is seriously fabulous! I just love what you did with the room, and shoe string makeovers are my very favourite!

    Linda,

    lindapendantedreams.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I love them too. Makes the makeover that much more fun when you have budget restraints. Its such a fun challenge. Stay tuned over the next three days to see how I did the three projects. Just wrapping up the blog post now.

      Delete
  2. That is great! We recently redid our bathroom on a budget!

    http://emilyandtylerglover.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/bathroom-remodeling-time/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. I love redecorating on a budget too. I will visit you site now. :)

      Delete
  3. What a fantastic job! Rentals can be such a challenge! I redid my mom's bathroom when she went out of town for the weekend: http://www.envirocraftiness.com/2011/06/90-bathroom-makeover.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill. You are right, decorating a rental is a challenge. One that I love. I will check out your redo now. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. Looks great...I bet your son was happy! Thanks for sharing at the Shady Porch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D, He was. I did it while he was at work and posted that I had a surprise for him on FB so he could not wait to get home and find out what it was. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  5. It looks great! your son is blessed to have a talented and smart shopping mom to help out. I love your idea for using drapes for a shower curtain. Visiting from Master Monday. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wanda. I have used drapes for shower curtains for awhile now. Can't remember where I got the idea but it works well and Target always has inexpensive panels that can be used. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  6. Great job! I love the long "shower Curtain" DO you use two panels or one? Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rita. I used two 42" by 84" panels, $9.99 each from Target.

      Delete
  7. Wow - looks great! I love that curtain idea. Love the wall decor. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy. Love your blog and linky party.

      Delete
  8. What a big difference. love the black curtain!
    Thanks so much for linking up to support habitat. Good luck and hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete