Monday, April 22, 2013

Old Stool Turned Plant Stand



Happy Monday. Hope you had a great weekend. I was very busy with working on projects to sell at the Antique Shop, visiting family, a church event, and of course cleaning and laundry. The weather was warm enough to put a few plants outside. I remember bringing them in last fall. How time flies.


Last fall when I had to bring them in I found I had accumulated more plants than I had plant stands. I searched all the obvious places but could not find plant stands on sale anywhere. We had two old metal bar stools stored in the basement not being used so (of course) I turned one of them into a plant stand. 




I started by cleaning off the dusty stool. I had some (who am I kidding...tons of) scrapbook paper and picked one with a treasure map imprinted. I marked and cut the scrapbook paper to fit the size of the stool top. I used spray glue to adhere and sealed it with several layers of spray clear coat






Thanks for visiting,

7 comments:

  1. Hi, I like how your plant stand turned out. Very creative...Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie, glad you enjoyed the post. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. I love map-themed projects! Your stool turned out so fun, and it would look great with or without a plant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea. I am visiting you via No Minimalist Here. Do stop by My Dream Canvas to see my latest makeover and that too includes a vintage map :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty...I love the colors in the map! Thanks sharing at the Shady Porch! Blessings, D@TheShadyPorch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for linking up this week! I love the map on the plant stand. Hope you can join the party again.

    ReplyDelete