Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Dollar Store Diva #1 - Cake Stand

I just love a deal which is why dollar stores are one of my favorite places to browse. I don't always buy but when I go in with the mission to create I look at things differently. Today and tomorrow I am going to share two tutorials, both made from items I purchased at the local Dollar Store. Below is a Cake Stand and embellished top. Enjoy!


Items purchased from the Dollar Store:
1). Plate, 2). Bowel, 3). Pink Craft Flower, 4). Yellow Craft Flower, 5). Ribbon
(I had the epoxy on hand)



So that's the cake stand. 
I wanted a top and in keeping with the dollar store theme I went back to the store in search of one. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful but remembered that I already had a glass cake stand with a top and it fit. 


A little boring though. Because I didn't want to make any permanent changes to the glass top I decided to embellish it and created a removable decor with the pink and yellow craft flowers and ribbon.


To make this removable embellishment I first measured and cut enough ribbon to wrap around the glass top. Next, I glued four of the flowers to the ribbon with a glue gun.


I tied the ribbon with flowers around the lower portion of the glass top and then added the last flower to the top with the wire that came attached to the flowers. Cute huh?





Thanks for visiting,

8 comments:

  1. This is really cute and a great find. Visiting you via No Minimalist Here.I would love for you to stop by and see my new room makeover :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Will check out your new room soon. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. I love our Dollar Tree! Great ideas for the cake stand and I like the ribbon so you can change the decorations as you choose! Thanks for sharing. D@TheShadyPorch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D. Glad you liked it and thanks for your great linky party. I'll be back.

      Delete
  3. Such a cute idea.. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just too stinkin' cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanette. Glad you liked it. Keep coming back, there is more to come.

      Delete