Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Trash to Treasure Lamp

Happy Wednesday. God has blessed me with a good and busy week so far. I have so many projects in progress but time is just not allowing me to complete them as fast as I want. I did finish one small project that I want to share with you. 



I found both the lamp base ($5) and the shade ($5) at the thrift store (different times of course). I spray painted the lamp base first with a primer and then with several coats of silver. The shade had been donated from the local Target and still had the plastic wrap and price tag on it, (hence the high price of $5 instead of the everyday $3 price of shades LOL). I needed a lamp with some class in the spare bedroom/office/library/dressing room...yes we use that room for everything. Obviously we have not figured out what to use this room for but I just might use this lamp as a basis for the rest of the decor. Not bad for $10 huh? Enjoy!

BEFORE

DURING
AFTER

Thanks for Visiting,

4/17/13
UPDATE: This project was featured on Handy Man, Crafty Woman!



7 comments:

  1. Don't you just love a find like this? I think they are my favorite out of all! Love this lamp! Nicole from southerncharm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole, and yes...I love turning trash into treasure. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Love it Debbie! Its amazing how much a little spray paint can do! and $5 for that lampshade is a steal! Thanks so much for linking up at the Humble Brag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jocie. I agree and that is exactly why I LOVE spray paint. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks and thanks for the link..heading there now :)

      Delete