Saturday, March 23, 2013

Today I Hit the Motherload!

Today I went to a huge Estate sale. I took my niece Jennifer for her first experience. It was a four family or business home. Couldn't get the down low about this one but we were told that four businesses operated from the home and "people" lived there but that the rest was "confidential". Hmmmm. Anyway, I did not find much there except a Heat Gun ($5), a fondue pot ($1), a faucet with parts ($3) and a few other little items that you might see repurposed later (still thinking). The furniture was either gone or too expensive but still glad I went.

On my drive home I noticed a hand painted sign on the side of the road that said "Trash and Treasure" so of course I had to turn. At the end of a dirt road was a barn that looked from a distance to be filled with junk. I did not have any cash but decided to get out anyway and boy am I glad I did. The sign was correct, there was trash but mostly treasures. I definitely hit the motherload and for a grand total of $45 this is what I bought...



There were others but I don't own a truck and have to rely on friends so I didn't want to push my luck. If I end up having to rent a truck I will definitely buy this one if its still there ($20).


All in all, today has been an excellent day for me. How was your Saturday?

Thanks for visiting,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment