Saturday, December 28, 2013

Dressing Table

Hello to you all. I hope you had a very happy holiday. We have been very busy in our home. On the day after Thanksgiving (yes...black Friday) we started our kitchen remodel. I know...CRAZY right? It has been a long month but we are almost done and the kitchen was useable for Christmas Eve dinner. There is a punch list that will be completed over the next several weeks but overall things have unfolded nicely. And yes...there will be a post to reveal.

Until then I would like to share some of the projects inspired by my New Boudoir

I wanted an old fashioned dressing table and found this desk at the thrift store. Sorry for the photo...cell phone shot. I forgot to take another picture but I think you get the idea.

 

It was a bit beat up and the once beautiful wood overlay was mostly gone leaving a shadow of what once was. Before I got started I found these at the hardware store and they worked well as a replacement. 


The hardware was original but rusty so I sprayed all with silver spray paint.

I used a leftover home made chalk paint in very light blue (almost grey). I wanted more of a washed look and using only one coat of paint did the trick. To add more character I used a dark wax in random places. I finished with a clear wax on all areas except the top where I used a polyacrylic. 

Here are some more pics....  

 
 


Stay tuned for more projects from my Boudoir!
 
Thanks for visiting,
PS...a sneak peak of the kitchen reno;







3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I would love to find a table like this and work some makeover magic like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hire wooden chair, event chair, chiavari chair, led bar, vintage chair, artificial tree, eames chair for Weddings, reception parties, Corporate Events, special occasions or Shows.

    ReplyDelete