Here is another recipe from one of the best recipe magazines ever (at least in my opinion)…Taste of Home. This was created by Tyler Sherman of Williamsburg, Virginia. I have made this recipe many times and have never been disappointed. Give it a try, I think you’ll be pleased.
Prep time is about 20-25 minute. Crock pot cook time is about 4 to 5 hours (on low) but I have let it cook a little longer and it’s been fine. The recipe reports that there are 8 services…I agree.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushroom (I forgot to buy mushrooms so they are not in the picture but I do always add them)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 jars (14 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 15 slices pepperoni, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms, green pepper and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the pizza sauce, soup, milk, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper flakes.
- Stir in the potatoes, pepperoni and beef mixture.
- Transfer half of the meat mixture to a 5-qt slow cooker. Sprinkle with half of the cheese; repeat layers.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender.
Nutritional Facts 1-1/2 cups equals 402 calories,
18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol,
1,155 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate,
4 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Thanks for visiting,