Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Wedding


So as I was pondering past projects done around the house I remembered that before I started changing the interior landscape of my home I worked for about a year on projects for my wedding and reception. I made just about everything from the programs, to the centerpieces, to my head peace to the cake. Here are some photos of those things. 

rhinestones glued onto the bottom of my shoes

The wedding program...all made by hand. Lots of paper, lots of hole punching and ribbon tying while watching TV (thanks Mom) and lots of rubber cement. The inside had a photograph and small bio for each person in the wedding. There was even a bride and groom trivia crossword puzzle inside for the guests to do while they waited for the wedding to start. We handed out orange monogrammed pencils too.

Guest gifts...corn bread mix that we called "Wedding Corn Bread". The direction are under the lid.

The cake....my first time working with gum paste.

Setting up the entrance table. Instead of a guest book I made message cards that could be filled out by the guest and placed in the album (left of the plates) along with pictures from the disposable cameras that were on each table. The cards are in the wagon in front of our picture. The bowl is filled with little chocolate bars with wedding themed wrappers that I ordered online The votives and vase are covered in gold leaf flakes (a really fun project).

Items at each place setting included a little bag of candy, a box of nuts, and the menu. The venue did a great job folding the napkins.


The head headpiece


The finished product. If you look closely you can see the table names jetting out from the center of the arrangement. Each table was named after a place that we visited while dating. The table above was entitled San Antonio Texas. The photo to the left is from our visit to Disney in Orlando Florida. I made a board (word program and printed at Kinkos) that listed all the guests under the name of the table they were assigned and placed it outside of the ballroom's entrance on an easel.


The head table...I created the large center piece and I bought the small ones as is and the candles at Michael's Craft store. I rented the gold chiavari chairs, table overlays, and napkins from a local party rental store.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I think fall is the best time for a wedding :o)
    Just lovely - thanks for sharing all these awesome details!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete