Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A New Apartment on a Budget


This past week I flew to the west coast to give my son an early Christmas present. He moved into a new apartment and asked me to help him "...make it more homey..." and this was a gift that I felt good about giving and he would use and appreciate for a long time.

First the bedroom...

He did not have a headboard so I went to the local Lowes and purchased 5 boards, paint, and brushes. I first primed the boards with my very favorite primer by Zinsser;




 Followed by Valspar Latex Enamel in Satin Black...




Tada....


Next the bedding and curtains (from Ikea)
(this is actually a more accurate picture of the color)


A little art work:

I purchased a poster from Michael's, separated in four 9"x12" and Mod Podged to flat canvases. 








Then I found another poster at Michael's and Mod Podged the edges around a larger canvas to give it a more three-dimensional look......


Putting it all together:

That was it for the bedroom but I did design wall art for the living room, just forgot to take a picture of it once hung. I did this the same way as the wall art above. Want to download the software to make this go to Rasterbator


Wall Art Recap...


 
 UPDATE: Click HERE for the Bathroom Redo on a Shoestring Budget!

Thanks for visiting,

1 comment: