Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Cowgirl Celebration

Wow...its been a while but I'm back. I never knew keeping up with this blog would be so difficult. With work and school and preparing for my Granddaughters first birthday party I have had so little time to do much else. But with the birthday celebration over I have a minute to breath and share some great pics of her party. Enjoy!

My daughter hosted the party at a community center in our area. 
Theme: Cowgirl
The planning started with "what food should I serve?", 
but it was more fun designing HOW to serve the food and she did a terrific job...

 
EATIN IRONS!!

Carrots and Ranch....."EVERY HORSE NEEDS A LIL RANCH!"

Rootin Tootin Trail-mix

Hay Stacks
(The tray was purchased at a thrift store and the cow spots where drawn on with a black sharpie and the base of the tray was covered with cow scarp book paper. The little blackboards were purchased by by daughter online at Oriental Trading..I think )

Brownie Pops by Aunt Stacie...she is so incredibly talented!

 "THE WATERING HOLE...CACTUS JUICE"


CORN BREAD & TINY HOT DOG ROLLS


 COWGIRL CHICKEN...


The Spread...... 


The Cake (made by me)


The Desert Table


 My daughter had this blown up at the local print shop and hung it on the entrance door.
(Did I mention she was a photographer?)

Each of the 8 tables where decorated with dotted craft-type paper (dollar store), pink and brown bandannas, tiny (real) pumpkins, burlap covered planters with silk flowers and framed picture of the birthday girl. (frames made by my daughter and were spray painted pink and decorated with scrapbook decor)


Besides the food and decor there were fun activities for guests of all ages....

The Photobooth

 Pint the tail on the Horse

The prizes for all the winner!
(most are from the dollar store)

And of course...the Birthday Girl 
 (Skirt and Vest by Nana, boots from Walmart)

No comments:

Post a Comment