Monday, September 3, 2012

Should I or shouldn't I?

Two weeks ago I found this table at a local thrift store for $20 with the sole purpose of turning it into an upholstered ottoman for my living room (only living area as we don't have another family room - yet!) but now I'm not sure. I love the wood and have started to envision it stained in a different color.

Ignore the ugly TV stand in the back..to be replaced by something, just not sure what yet.

So...Should I do something like this...by Meredith at Not So Newlywed McGees




 or should I keep the natural wood visible and do a stain/wash like this...


 or, how about I upholster with leather like this...


or what about like this (folds and buttons)...


So....what do you think? Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. The wood on that table is beautiful!!! Seems a shame to cover it up :-) But..I love the look of the ottoman as well. I understand your dilema!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these! I am actually covering a bench now, but I wish it were square! So happy to find your great blog. New follower. :)

    Kathy
    lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

    ReplyDelete