Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Golden Rope Vase



I love love love anything with rope. It reminds me of all things water; boats, the beach, the ocean. I have already done a few projects using rope (here) and (here) but I just couldn’t resist doing another. I think it was the shape of the vase that inspired me. Regardless I love the finished product and its new home on my dining room table. Enjoy.

 



I found the vase at a local thrift store for $6. Love the shape but the peach color..not so much.



 Other Supplies:

ROPE 
Twisted Sisal

 

Spray Glue
 


Gold Spray Paint
Rust-Oleum 11 Oz. Gold Rush Flat Spray Paint


I sprayed the vase with the spray glue, wrapped it with the rope
 and spray painted with the gold spray paint. 
Easy Peasy!




Sorry...I forgot to take pictures of the spray painting process but I bet you can figure that out LOL!





Thanks for visiting,


UPDATE - AUGUST 7, 2013 
THIS PROJECT WAS FEATURED!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love all the new rope projects and anything having to do with the beach too ~ I was wondering how the rope gets attached so thanks for sharing the "how-to" :) Looks much better than Peach!! Judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fun idea. And it looks to be an easy project to share with kids and grandkids. Thank you for a lovely visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Pinning this. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's very pretty, I love any project with sisal rope :-) it was a great idea to cover that vase with it & to then spray paint it in gold :-)
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete